The Acorn Internet Services, Inc. team and founders, Mark and Lisa Kolb, genuinely care about our innkeepers and our entire industry. We do not take this responsibility lightly.
We study, gather data, and network for months, if not years, to get the right information and the right products into the right hands to help you, your business, and our industry.
Why do we do this? If we want to have an thriving industry in the next ten years, then we must fight for it now, or it will cease to exist as we know it.
Many inns are closing their doors, and this is not an exaggeration. Look back ten or more years. How many inns were in your town? How many are there today?
Here are a few petition comments included in the information going to Congress:
- "We don't want to close, but when your business (even return guests) are misled to book anywhere but our own website, well, we just can’t compete."
- "In the late 80's there were approximately 37 Bed and Breakfasts here, now there are less than 12."
- "If the playing field is not leveled soon, we will be closing our doors and filing bankruptcy."
That being said, we continue down our set path,
and are excited to share what we feel is a historical moment in our industry.
On October 25, 2019 we sent out a blog post asking all our clients to help support the following Petition:
We passed this information to all the state and local associations to help in this drive for signatures, alongside PAII, AIHP, and other digital marketing firms in the industry.
We are delighted to say that all of our hard work has paid off! This is what has been accomplished so far, in only two weeks time:
- We have 916 signatures
- Representing 47 States
- Plus District of Columbia, Canada, and Mexico
- With 200+ individual comments
Can you think of another time in our industry's history when this many innkeepers pulled together for a single cause? It feels AMAZING!
Allyson Cavaretta and Lisa Kolb have worked diligently to be able to present this information, your information, at the Congressional House Committee Hearing on the November 14, 2019.
1st Panel: To begin at 1:00 pm:
2nd Panel: To begin approximately one hour after the 1st Panel:
- 4 Business Owners (Allyson Cavaretta is one representing our industry)
- 2 Association Businesses (App Association and Public Knowledge)
Set your DVR or follow this link to watch it live at 1:00 pm EST:
No matter how hard Acorn works on your behalf,
it's truly your individual involvement that will make the difference!
After the presentation, Allyson will assist us so we can help you know what your next steps should be. Who do you reach out to in your state? What do you say to them? How do you say it? We will provide you with step-by-step instructions soon. So be ready! And be diligent.