Back in December when Facebook let their new layout “slip” for a few hours, we all had a hint changes were in the works.
Well – THEY HAVE ARRIVED.
Facebook pages are getting an updated layout and several new features to help you engage with your fans. Here's some of what you'll be getting:
- Notifications when fans interact with your page or posts
- A place to showcase photos along the top of your page
- A news feed for your page
- The ability to Like and post on other pages as your page
Preview your page and you'll be given the option to upgrade early.
All pages will automatically be upgraded on March 10.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Or you may simply have logged in and noticed that the “Manage Pages” tab has been replaced with “Use Facebook As a Page” and now when you click one of your pages to go to the button says “SWITCH” and then you may TOUR the new layouts before you convert to the format.
The Tour of the New Layout includes:
Notifications (Step 1 of 4)
- Receive notifications when people interact with your page or posts.
Search (Step 2 of 4)
- Find other pages to like and comment on them as your page.
Home (Step 3 of 4)
- Keep up with the other pages you've liked through a newsfeed just for your page.
Account (Step 4 of 4)
- You can go back to use Facebook as yourself anytime - just click Account and select your name.
My main concern was when Facebook first started working with new layouts last year with the “sneak preview” back in December, the was no way to maintain a customized landing page
This release resolves that concern.
So – At the Moment, You Have a Choice:
1 – You can Upgrade your layout when prompted.
Note: There is a button to Upgrade all pages in your account at one time, or you may do them one at a time.
2 – You can wait until March 10th, when it will automatically happen.
Finally, for more information on this topic, check out the article posted this morning on the About The Inn Blog.
President and Co-Founder
Acorn Internet Services, Inc.