June 15, 2018 Acorn News
Conference Announcement for 2019, ADA and More!
We are so excited for the 2019 PAII Innkeeping Conference & Trade Show! There is much in store, especially for Acorn IS clients. How would you like to spend up to four days alongside other B&B owners – newbies, veterans, and aspiring innkeepers – learning new ideas for business strategy, gaining insight into market trends, and networking with other hospitality professionals in fabulous Las Vegas, NV? What’s more, as an Acorn IS client, you will reap many benefits by registering for this much-anticipated Conference, such as:
- Access to a full-day workshop preceding the Conference (Jan. 14, 2019) hosted by Acorn Internet Services. During “A Day with Acorn,” you will receive in-depth information about the latest technical, Internet-related aspects of the industry (more details will be made available in weeks and months to come). As you know, Acorn IS is the leading technical expert in our industry, and will provide valuable insight that’s only available at this one-day workshop.
- Three complimentary months of PAII Membership, including:
- Access to the PAII Members Only Section of PAII.org.
- Full member editions of PAII’s weekly e-newsletter, “News You Can Use.”
- Access to the archives of publications, webinars, and education resources.
- Eligibility to take part in the PAII Members Only Flash Sale (June 18-20, 2018).
Wait, there’s more! As an Acorn IS client, you will also receive discounted Conference rates that include “A Day with Acorn” on Jan. 14, the Opening Reception on Jan. 14, the full 2019 PAII Conference & Trade Show, PLUS 3 months of PAII Membership:
Acorn Clients OR PAII Members
- PAII Members who register between June 18-20 pay $289 per attendee
- Register between July 1 – 15 pay $299
- Register between July 16 – September 30 pay $349
- Register between October 1 – November 30 pay $399
- Register between December 1 – Onsite pay $449
- Acorn clients can also renew a current PAII Membership or add a new PAII membership during the sale for only $199. That's 15 months for $40 less than a regular membership price of $239.
ADA - What we know - What you need to know
Please join us for our ADA webinar we are holding for Acorn IS clients only. There is no such thing as "Guaranteeing" an ADA compliant website. Inns in many states are being sued, with FL, NY and CA seeing more suits than others. A minimum number of rooms may grandfather you from following ADA physical requirements, but not necessarily website requirements. The DOJ has not demanded private business websites be ADA compliant, but that doesn't mean your state doesn't have laws in addition to the DOJ or that you can't be sued. Come to this session so you can learn more about knowing how ADA law can possibly affect your online presence into the future.
Date: June 28th, 2018
Time: 9am Pacific, 10am Mountain, 11am Central, Noon Eastern
Class Action Lawsuit - EXPEDIA
A potential Class Action Lawsuit regarding Expedia properties was posted this week in the PAII "News You Can Use" newsletter. PAII also gave Acorn IS permission to re-publish this information in our Need 2 Know News publication that we share with the entire industry. CLICK HERE TO READ THE POST.
If you believe your business has been impacted by these practices, you have already completed the PAII form included in the above post, and you have submitted your Inn for consideration of inclusion in this Class Action Lawsuit, then please make sure to let Acorn know by clicking the "LET US KNOW" button below so we may assist you if needed.
LET US KNOW
You should have moved to a HTTPS:// Secure Server by now
Google has recommended that all websites be hosted on secure HTTPS:// servers because they want the data being transferred online to be encrypted. We have been telling you, our clients, since December of 2016 to request that your site be moved to a HTTPS:// Secure Server. You should already have upgraded to a Responsive Website Design, and have requested HTTPS:// to be installed. Potential loss in traffic and thus business is anticipated if you choose not to upgrade. If you are currently in development, please contact your Project Manager if you have questions. If you are an Advantage Plan Client, direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other questions may be directed to email@example.com. This will be our last reminder.
UPGRADE TO HTTPS://
Blog Posts and Additional Need-to-Know Information
Your Customers Have Questions for You – On Google
Posted on June 13, 2018 | Read Full Article
BedandBreakfast.com – Expedia Integration Changes
Posted on June 6, 2018 | Read Full Article
BedandBreakfast.com Featured Property – Retiring July 1, 2018
Posted on May 18, 2018 | Read Full Article
Review Gating: What It Is, and Why You Should Not Be Doing It
Posted on May 14, 2018 | Read Full Article
Pop-up Penalty on Mobile Sites
Posted on May 13, 2018 | Read Full Article
GDPR Deadline May 25, 2018
Posted on May 12, 2018 | Read Full Article
Google Search Console Warning – Index Coverage Issue
Posted on May 10, 2018 | Read Full Article
Is Your Site Portable?
Posted on April 26, 2018 | Read Full Article
Everyone Wants a Piece of You!
Posted on April 22, 2018 | Read Full Article
Google Analytics to Begin Deleting Historical Data on May 25th, 2018
Posted on April 12, 2018 | Read Full Article
The Importance of Answering Your Phone – Are You Missing Bookings?
Posted on April 9, 2018 | Read Full Article
Changing Reservation Companies? What You Need to Know!
Posted on March 19, 2018 | Read Full Article
Where Did That Review Summary Come From?
Posted on February 19, 2018 | Read Full Article