All Acorn servers are located in a Rackspace™ Network data center. The Rackspace data centers are engineered to support the Zero-Downtime Network™. They are designed and maintained without compromise for security or redundancy. Support staff that is available 24/7/365. In addition, we also provide DNS services via DNS Made Easy that provide up to 6 name servers for high redundancy for resolving your domain name to the IP address of your Web server.
- 10 Gig of Monthly Data Transfer
- Daily Backups with restores available for any of the last 14 days
- Hardware Redundancy
- High performance hardware for quick page load times
- Dedicated external Firewall for extra security
- 24/7 Emergency Support
- FTP access
- WordPress Maintenance Updates
- Permanent redirect support for SEO needs
- Creation and installation of robots.txt
- DNR renewal reminders
- Domain Name Support when transferring to Acorn IS
- Free E-mail forwarding to an existing E-mail Address
- Web Site tracking (Google Analytics Tracker)
Special Note: Acorn manages our client’s WordPress updates because some updates including the plugins and themes can cause the site to not function correctly or even not load at all.
- Managed Hosting Package: Read MoreXManaged Hosting PackageThe Managed Hosting Package bundles all the necessary Hosting services for the larger property, and included up to 10 Emails into one monthly package, billed yearly.
- Web Site Hosting
- Content Editor (WordPress)
- E-Mail Hosting (Up to 10 Addresses)
- Blog Hosting
- Mobile Site Hosting (if not Responsive)
- WordPress Maintenance Updates
Note: Domain Name Purchases, Renewals and Updates are soley the responsibility of all Acorn-IS Hosting Clients.
- Managed Hosting Package: Read More
– $45 a month (2019)
- WordPress Site Hosting:
– $35 a month (2019)
- CSS / HTML Site Hosting: $20 a month
- MySQL Data Base Site Hosting: $25 a month
Web Hosting is included in all Advantage Plan options
Time to transfer existing system to Acorn IS servers is billed at $85 an hour. Typical transfer cost is approximately 1 hour.
HTTPS hosting is when your entire web site data is encrypted during transmission to and from a web browser. There are several reasons to consider having your web site setup as HTTPS. When logging into your web site using WordPress the password is not encrypted when using standard HTTP. That can result in a security vulnerability since the password is not encrypted. If you are accessing your web site using a private network from your Internet Service Provider, then the risks of your password being stolen are minimal. However, there is still some risk.
If you access your web site using a public network then the risk can go up dramatically since the person who manages that public network could install a network sniffer and capture your password and then use it to access your web site. So using HTTPS eliminates this risk because the data is encrypted. The only item that HTTPS is addressing is the encryption of data being transmitted over the internet so that hackers can not see important information such as passwords. Using HTTPS does not address other important security items such as server configuration and software updates, which could result in a web site being hacked. Google has stated that they prefer sites be setup to run HTTPS to reduce security issues with important data being stolen that is transmitted over the internet.
- $50 One Time Setup Fee
- $25 Annual Certificate Maintenance Fee that starts when the web site is setup for HTTPS.
Initial Installation Time on Existing Sites Billable at $85 an hour.
Acorn IS provides reliable, high-quality E-mail services for our small business Web hosting customers. This mail service is offered through our Rackspace data center. We will assist you in configuring your email client and mobile devices and verify that the settings are correct. The email services include web-based email access, IMAP and POP connections from every major email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, and Mac Mail.
- An excellent spam filtering and email virus blocking service is included at no extra cost.
- Each email account has a default of 10 Gigs of storage, which is great for using IMAP connections and web-based mail where the mail is saved on the mail server and backed up every night.
- Connections from the major mobile devices are also supported.
- We recommend that the connection to the mail server from your email client is IMAP, so that your email resides on the server and a local computer problem, such as a hard drive crash, does not result in your email being lost.
- Also, when an IMAP connection is used from your email client, the web-based access will be more powerful since you will have access to all of your emails. This is especially useful when you are away from your computer and need to access your email.
- Mobile Sync will sync contacts and calendar to mobile device
- The cost for our email service is $3 per month per email address, and includes Mobile Sync.
- There are no costs for email aliases.
Email Hosting is included in all Advantage Plan options
Initial Installation Time Billable at $85 an hour, and is typically included in the Hosting Transfer costs.
Domain Name Purchases, Renewals and Updates are solely the responsibility of the client. Assistance is available at our current rates if needed. Acorn Internet Services is to be set as Technical Contact. We strongly suggest you purchase multiple years at a time through your DNR company. Regarding Acorn IS E-Mail hosting, Acorn is not responsible for lost E-mails being forwarded to an E-mail destination company due to their configuration setups. If a customer chooses to change their E-mail configuration after they have become a hosting customer, E-mail setup, support, and training time is billable.