Keep Your Site Fresh with DIY Maintenance
Once your site has been made search engine friendly and has been loaded on a hosting server for the Search Engines to index, it’s important to continually keep your Web presence FRESH. In other words, keep the available online data about your business up to date with current information. Web presences that are continuously updated carry more weight with the various Search Engines than those that become old and stale.
For clients that wish to DIY, we provide a variety of services where you LEARN HOW to do the majority of the necessary ongoing Web site maintenance updates such as: Social Media Posts, Blog Posts, Inbound Link Building, Newsletters, Video, Media and Press, etc. on your own.
- Educational Bytes “How To Videos” [Click Here]
- Online Tutorials See Full List under Free Education on the Navigation Bar above
- Printable Training Guides [Click Here]
- Free Industry Webinars and Recorded After Hour Videos
- Acorn University Webinars and Recorded After Hour Videos – Registration Required
- Club 60 Webinars and Recorded After Hour Videos – Registration Required
FTP Self Serve
FTP Self Serve is for those do-it-yourselfers who want to upkeep their web site on their own with their own choice of editing tools. Acorn staff will set up an FTP account and provide you with the host, username and password.
Customer Maintained using Pagelime
The Customer Maintained option is for those do-it-yourselfers who want to upkeep their Web site on their own, but do not have the skills, tools, or technical experience to use the FTP Self Serve option listed above. Acorn offers the installation of a tool called Pagelime. Using this simple WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) content-editor tool is for those Web site owners who want a very easy, quick, and visual way to edit a pre-defined area on any Web page through their browser without altering the rest of the Web page.
Upon request Acorn will add the Pagelime service to any Acorn Internet Services designed Web sites that are 2 years old or newer. Pagelime is included on all new Custom Designs.
- Installation billable at Development Rates.
- There is an ongoing $1 a month fee for Pagelime use.
Customer Maintained using WordPress
The Customer Maintained option is for those do-it-yourselfers who want to upkeep their Web site on their own, but do not have the skills, tools or technical experience to use the FTP Self Serve option listed above. As part of our Turnkey Design options, Acorn offers the installation of the WordPress editor. The WordPress editor will allow Web site owners to update their site content and photo galleries without the need for a programmer.
- Included as part of Turnkey Design Hosting
Existing Site Development, Maintenance and Support
For the customer who doesn’t want to undertake maintenance changes on their own, we will be happy to make ongoing Web site changes at our current billing rates, billed by the minute, per quarter.
- Time billable at Existing Site Development Rates
- Time tracked by the minute (15-minute minimum)
- Submit a Support Ticket [Click Here]