Enhance Your Business Marketing Strategy with Blogging
Should you set up a Blog as a marketing tool to aid in SEO placement for your business? The answer is YES! Blogging has proven itself to be truly effective in supporting your online presence and offers Innkeepers an easy way to provide ongoing fresh content!
Google Blogger Option
Google Blogger is very easy to install. We provide a Google Blogger Printable Training Guide to help you if you want to do this yourself (DIY). If you prefer, we are happy to do the setup for you as part of our Blog consulting services and then simply teach you how to post a quality Blog with all the bells and whistles.
Typically, we can set up your customized Blog layout (to match your Web site), correctly point your Google Blogger account (to boost your SEO placement), and offer a hands-on training for around $300. This is a one-time fee to get you all set and ready to BLOG!
- Customized Install $300
- Basic Install $75
- FREE if you DIY
Where Google Blogger is quite simple to install, WordPress on the other hand requires a bit more technical expertise to install. There are a variety of required Plug-Ins such as the SEO Plug-In and ongoing maintenance issues to keep the site current, which we have found is typically more than the average user wishes to deal with.
From a customization standpoint, if you wish to have a Customized Layout (to match your Custom Web site), an Additional Cost will be incurred based on the complexity of your current site design.
- $150 for the Basic Install using a WordPress provided template
- Installed FREE as part of the Turnkey Design System
Blog Writing Hints and Tips
- Design your entries to be chatty and not necessarily the direct voice of the innkeeper – don’t oversell a package, for example; but talk about it in a conversational way, describing guests’ experience when enjoying their getaways at your inn.
- Title your entries with the same attention to detail as we do when building your Web site Titles. What are the keywords people are typing for a honeymoon, family reunion, babymoon retreat, girlfriends getaway, etc.?
- Use a good Keyword Lookup Tool to make sure you are choosing the BEST topics for your Blog.
- When appropriate, include a link back to a specific page on your Web site that supports a topic or package you are writing about.
- Include links to other sites when appropriate.
- If you have chosen NOT to visually integrate your Blog with your Web site, once the Blog is configured, we can add a button or additional navigation on your Web site that says “Read our Blog” and correctly link the two.
- You should not copy exact content from any site (including your own) to your Blog. It should be “FRESHLY” written.